Yay! It's election day and today is the first time that I ever voted. Looks like we have another first time voter too (^_-)-☆
Man, this voting is thing is tense. It's like trying to win a raffle. You hope they say your name but it is all by chance. Both Barack Obama and Mitt Romeny are running really close together with the electoral votes.
On the plus side, the marriage amendment for Minnesota looks like it might not pass. For those who are not familiar with this amendment, let me explain. It is a amendment, if voted yes, they would add an amendment into our state's legislation stating that marriage can only be between one man and one woman. It wouldn't make gay marriage legal if voted no, but if voted yes, would make it almost impossible to make it legal in Minnesota. I voted no. This is because when I was in the United States Army, I fought along side with both "straights" and "gay/lesbian" to help protect the freedoms of this country. But only the straight people are allowed to have those freedoms? Eh. It was the same nature when it came to bi-racial marriage 50 years ago too. Now that is legal, and one day this will be too.
Anyways, less ranting (-_-;) I can't wait till all the votes come in to see who the leader of America will be for the future four years. It has been a very leap frog kind of race. It is soooo close.
Who will win this? Only time can tell.
Until next time,
TwinkleSprinks
___________________________ Update_________________________________
Barack Obama has been projected to win the majority of the electoral votes. Yay! Obama has been re-elected!



No comments:
Post a Comment